"Council Highlights" offer a summarized list of decisions made at each Township of Warwick Council meeting. "Council Highlights" is normally posted within 24 hours of a Warwick Township Council meeting. See the complete agenda and minutes from Warwick Township Council for more detailed background information.
WATFORD, ON – At its regular meeting on Monday, October 2, 2017, Warwick Township Council:
- Heard a verbal update from staff advising that a grant application to The Judith and Norman Alix Foundation of Sarnia was submitted to request 50% funding on accessibility improvements to the Township Office entrance and the Watford Fire Department washrooms.
- Heard a verbal update from staff advising that a grant application to the Ontario Community Infrastructure Fund (OCIF) – Top Up Fund for Confederation Line Rehabilitation at a cost of $1.7 million has been submitted.
- Received formal correspondence for the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change notifying that the Environmental Inspections at the Twin Creeks Landfill site will increase from the current monthly schedule to a weekly schedule once the site exceeds an annual capacity of 750,000 tonnes.
- Heard a delegation from Jim Brandon who owns 4 acres of wood lot and has submitted a severance application to sever this wood lot from a 100 acre farm in order to preserve the wood lot. Mr. Brandon advised Council that the St. Clair Conservation Authority (SCRCA) refused to accept a donation of the lands and requested that Council consider receipt of a gift of the 4 acre wood lot. Staff will provide a report with more information on this matter at the next Council meeting.
- Held consideration meetings for the Burchill Drain, Kent-Rawlings Drin and McCormick-Kingston Drain as per the Drainage Act; all drain by-laws were given first and second reading.
- Discussed results of the public feedback process on community facilities and moving forward with next steps and the necessity of determining associated costs of two options: retrofitting Centennial Hall and building a new multi-use facility. Council passed a resolution to refer the task of determining the scope of both options to the Sub-Committee of Council on Community Facilities. Once a scope has been identified for both options, staff will proceed with obtaining costing for both options and report back to Council.
- Reviewed proposed content for the Township’s Fall Newsletter. The newsletter will be mailed out to all properties within the Township in late October.
- Approved the purchase and installation of a Carbon Monoxide Ventilation System at the Warwick Township Public Works Garage at a cost of $46,750 plus HST from Abram.
- Received and filed a report from the Administrators/Clerk providing a quarterly status update of municipal activates, including an update on the status of strategic plan priority projects and implementation of the 2017 Capital Budget.
- Approved guidelines for the 2018 budget; staff will proceed with preparation of a draft budget within these guidelines.
- Received an update on the implementation status of the Township’s Records Management project and referred the request to hire two summer students to support records projects to 2018 budget deliberation.
- Approves quote from London Access to install a new accessible entrance at the Warwick Township office at a cost of $10,984 plus HST.
- Approved a request from Diabetes Canada to place clothes collection bins at the Warwick Community Centre and the Watford Arena.
- Approved implementation of a new salary grid as per a pay market study for all non-union staff.
- Approved a new Collective Agreement with CUPE 2393.3 for the term of August 1, 2017 to July 31, 2021.
- Approved an updated operations by-law and price structure for all Warwick Township Cemeteries. The by-law will not be implemented until the legislated notice has been completed as per the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Service Act. 2002 and approval has been obtained from the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO).
- Approved a new sign by-law providing rules and regulations for signs within the Township of Warwick.
- Noted that the next regular Warwick Township Council meeting is next scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on Monday, October 23, 2017.
For more information about the Township of Warwick, visit www.warwicktownship.ca.
Amanda Gubbels Todd Case
Township of Warwick Township of Warwick
Phone: 519-849-3926 / 1-877-849-3926 Cell: 519-490-4533
Fax: 519-849-6136 Fax: 519-849-6136
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
2017 Council Highlights