"Council Highlights" offer a summarized list of decisions made at each Township of Warwick Council meeting. "Council Highlights" is normally posted within 24 hours of a Warwick Township Council meeting. See the complete agenda and minutes from Warwick Township Council for more detailed background information.
WATFORD, ON – At its regular meeting on Monday, April 9, 2018, Warwick Township Council:
- Received notice that information sessions for those interested in becoming candidates in the 2018 Municipal Election have been scheduled to take place on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at the County of Lambton Administration Building in Wyoming from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. (Session 1) and 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (Session 2).
- Received notice that the Township of Warwick has been successful in obtaining funding from the Ministry of Canadian Heritage for Canada Day Family Celebrations in the Township of Warwick in the amount of $2,800.
- Heard an update from a Township consultant on Waste Management’s proposed Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) Amendment and on-site leachate treatment at the Twin Creeks Landfill.
- Approved a request for sponsorship from the Watford-Alvinston Road Race Committee; the Township of Warwick will be a Platinum Sponsor ($1,000) for the 2018 Road Race.
- Approved a request from the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada to hold the Carnation Campaign in the municipality on May 11th and 12th, 2018.
- Received a staff report providing an update and key dates related to the 2018 Municipal Election.
- Approved the publishing of a Request for Proposals (RFP) to contract out Concession Booth Services at the Watford Arena.
- Received a report from the Administrator/Clerk providing a quarterly status update on municipal projects and the capital budget.
- Awarded the tender for Warwick Road Reconstruction (tar and chip of Bond Street, Frank Street and Birnam Line) to SevCon Paving for $199,667 plus HST.
- Awarded the Township of Warwick Office Renovation Project to Cran Construction at a cost of $34,364.54 plus HST.
- Approved the terms of reference for an operational review of Public Works and Parks and Recreation departments to be completed in 2018.
- Approved a new policy on the use of corporate resources for election purposes in compliance with the Municipal Elections Act.
- Approved a request for an exemption from the Noise By-law for the Mike Harvey Memorial Baseball Tournament to be held at the Watford Park from July 21 to July 22, 2018.
- Approved a petition for drainage works of the Aarts Drain No. 2, as per the Drainage Act.
- Approved a number of by-laws providing for regular maintenance of municipal drains.
- Approved an agreement with the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 172 to issue a conditional building permit at 5273 Nauvoo Rd, Watford.
- Approved a by-law providing for a Road Occupancy Permit process for all infrastructure and works completed within the municipal road allowance.
- Approved a by-law regular election campaign signs within the Township of Warwick.
- Noted that, due to renovations at the Township Office, all Council future meetings will be held at the Warwick Community Centre, 7074 Egremont Road until alternate notice is provided.
- Noted that the next regular Warwick Township Council meeting is next scheduled for 3:30 p.m. on April 30, 2018 at the Warwick Community Centre, 7074 Egremont Road.
For more information about the Township of Warwick, visit www.warwicktownship.ca.
Amanda Gubbels Todd Case
Township of Warwick Township of Warwick
Phone: 519-849-3926 / 1-877-849-3926 Cell: 519-490-4533
Fax: 519-849-6136 Fax: 519-849-6136
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Council Highlights
2017 Council Highlights
- January 16, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- March 6, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- May 15, 2017
- June 5, 2017
- July 17, 2017
- September 11, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- November 6, 2017
- November 27, 2017
- December 18, 2017
News & Events
CLASS ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENTFOR THE BEAR CREEK BRIDGE(VILLAGE OF WARWICK) Bear Creek Bridge.pdf
Click for more info!
Arts Council of East Lambton AT the Art Shop, Watford FREE ART EVENTS WATFORD April 27th, 2018 11 am - 3 pm. PD Day at The Art Shop, 5305 Nauvoo Rd, Watford, ON April 29th , 2018 1 pm - 3 pm....