Public Works Department
ONE (1) Public Works Labourer/Heavy Equipment Operator, Full Time
This is a Union Position, CUPE. Local 2393.3. Wages based on approved CUPE Collective Agreement.
Undertakes day to day work, tasks, operations and projects of the public works department in regards to summer and winter road maintenance, ditch and culvert maintenance, grass and weed maintenance, related construction activities, equipment maintenance, emergency response functions and related duties and services. Responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner including trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, snow blowers and other pieces of equipment. Cleans and maintains equipment in compliance with the preventative maintenance program. Deals with the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Ability to organize tasks and complete them on a timely and effective basis.
• Demonstrates knowledge in the use of appropriate equipment associated with the position, both on a manual and/or motorized basis; i.e. backhoe, grader, tandem truck, bidirectional tractor and pickups, etc.
• Experience in the maintenance of related equipment.
• Physical ability to undertake significant physical labour.
• A valid Ontario Driver's License for equipment outlined herein and other appropriate certifications, licenses, etc., required to fulfill the requirements of the position (DZ license).
• A secondary school graduation, preferably from a technical program or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• A Heavy Equipment Operators Journeyman Certificate or equivalent certification.
• Courses in specified functions and/or equipment preferred i.e.: Winter Control, grading, etc.
• A minimum of five years related experience.
Resumes will be received until 4 p.m. on Friday, August 24, 2018.
Resumes can be submitted by:
• Mail to the Township of Warwick, 6332 Nauvoo Road, R.R. #8 Watford, Ontario N0M 2S0
• Fax to (519) 849-6136, or
• E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on this position, please contact Andrew Maver, Public Works Manager, Township of Warwick at and P: 519-849-3926 ext.31 or E: email@example.com.
The Township of Warwick provides reasonable accomodations throughout the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Township of Warwick’s policies and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
News & Events
Click to view events happening at the Legion!
TOWNSHIP OF WARWICK AMENDED NOTICE OF OPEN HOUSE AND PUBLIC MEETING CONCERNING PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PLAN TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the Corporation of the Township of...